Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Headed to Haiti

Its a great story actually, God really does give good gifts to his children. I am 18 and just graduated from High School and have been wondering what's next for several months now, I never felt any release to apply to college or any revelations on what major to pursue. Looking at 9+ months as a receptionist I was like, "no thanks!"

My parents were missionaries in Cap Haitian, Haiti for 8 years, I was there until I was 6 too, so I guess I've grown up with a heart for missions. I have been on a couple short term missions trips, first Toronto for a week, then Japan for 2 months, so I think I know what I'm getting myself into! Anyways about a month ago my parents were visiting their missionary friends the Buxmans and I got a text from my mom asking if I was interested in going to Haiti for a year to homeschool 3 kids. So I texted back that of course I was, and before I knew it, I was talking with Lisa Buxman and getting really excited about the idea of going back to Haiti, thinking, "hey this could actually happen!" After lots of prayer and some straight talk from my parents I took the job. Now I find myself in a whirlwind of practicing Creole, praying, and packing to leave for Port Au Prince in mid-September.

This blog is (hopefully) going to be my way of sharing pictures with family and friends and organizing my thoughts while living in the worlds 3rd poorest country. Please be praying for God to prepare my heart, mind, and body for the upcoming trip, and for all of the final arrangements to come together.

1 comment:

  1. Corrie! I found it!
    I'm so excited for you! I'm going to miss you like crazy, but I'm mostly excited. God is going to do amazing things through you, Corrie-Unio-Cookie!
    Don't forget about me ;)!

    ReplyDelete