Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's official

Woo Hoo! I have got a ticket to Port Au Prince, Haiti for September 30th. Thank you everybody who was praying for me. The wait is over and I can plan out my life now! But oh my goodness... that's only two weeks! Not that I have much left to do, I'm halfway done packing, although my suitcase is 10 pounds overweight, my shot record is up-to-date, all I really have to do is say goodbye, oh and cancel my car insurance. Anyway, I am so excited! It feels 'real' now that I have a date.

I guess I should really start working harder on my creole. My mom has been teaching me from an old creole book, which is okay, but there are a lot of mistakes and it is kinda boring. But last night we found a great resource on youtube, it is called "Good News Haiti" and it is like a children's bible read in creole. It was really fun because I could understand a lot of it. Plus, I learned several useful phrases such as "Bondye Reme Ou" God loves you! Here it is if you wanna check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ejP4ngbYjY

I'm gonna enjoy all of my winter clothes before I go even if I'm burning up, it will be good practice right? Oh, and I should start taking cold showers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment